Monday, December 21, 2009

Haagen-Dasz Five, Coffee Flavor, About $5 in Grocery Stores


I have wanted to buy this product forever.

Finally I had the perfect excuse when my friends invited us over for a festive Christmas dinner. I decided to pick this up to bring over for dessert (we don't normally do dessert, but since it's the holidays, we indulged). I picked the coffee flavor somewhat at random, hoping everyone in the group liked coffee ice cream.

Specific reasons why I chose this ice cream:

1. The more natural a food product is, the more likely I am to buy it. HD Five contains only 5 ingredients - milk, cream, sugar, eggs, and whatever the 5th flavor is (in this case, coffee). How can something that pure be bad?

2. Haagen-Dasz has never let me down. They are one of my top favorite ice cream brands. I knew they'd deliver on deliciousness.

3. My boss has raved about this product line, and I trust her judgment, as we have similar culinary preferences.

Haagen-Dasz Five didn't disappoint. The flavors were just as crisp, clean, and pure as I thought they would be. The texture was creamier - more like gelato than regular pre-packaged ice cream. Sarah happened to make pumpkin bread, and the combination of fresh pumpkin bread and coffee ice cream was downright magical.

The irony of a purchase like this one is that, despite how much I enjoyed it - in fact, because of how much I enjoyed it - I am going to attempt to never buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment