Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Soothing Lip Balm in Pretty Buff, about $7 at VS


There is one major reason I bought this lip gloss:

VS was doing one of those spend-$60-and-get-a-free-tote-bag deals, and my pre-tax total came to $59.50. I needed something inexpensive to put me over the edge.

However, there were other factors that played into this decision:

1. I really like almost all the cosmetics I've bought from VS. They spend a lot of time and money on the supermodels, as they are the literal faces (and bodies) of the brand, but I personally think they'd benefit from more PR around their make-up and body lines, which are legitimately good products, and can arguably make a woman feel just as sexy on a day-to-day basis as a negligee can make her feel after dark.

2. I am a lip gloss junkie. Seriously, it's like crack to me.

3. I really, really liked the packaging. Unlike some of VS's more overwrought, boudoir-style package designs, the Beauty Rush gloss comes in an understated and elegantly retro tin. The color I bought comes in an apropos nude hue. The actual "Beauty Rush" logo is nice as well, in a handwritten, but not cheesy, typeface.

4. I have a similar lip gloss from VS that comes in a tube, but it's more of a traditional gloss as opposed to a soothing lip balm. But I like it, and I have been wanting to invest in something similar for awhile.

I rate this lip product a 10 out of 10! And that's saying a lot considering, as I mentioned, I have a pretty intense lip product habit. This one's worth a trip to Vickie's - you might even say it's lingerie for your lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment