Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Nivea Touch of Harmony Body Wash - $6.99 at CVS


I never fail to be astounded at the price of personal care products - and more specifically, how much more they cost at a downtown drugstore than they would at, say, a Target in the suburbs.

When I was unemployed this summer, I bought exclusively the $1 Suave "moisturizing" bodywash, but soon my legs grew so dry that I had to invest in something that was actually moisturizing.

However, I forked over a hefty $7 for this Nivea product for a few reasons:

1. It was payday, and I was feeling rich.

2. I have used other Nivea products (such as their hand cream), and have found them to be indeed very moisturizing (I have very dry skin, so this is a top factor for me).

3. It had a travel size bodywash shrink-wrapped to it, and since I'll be traveling in a few days for the holidays, and my mom NEVER has anything but bar soap, I thought I could really use it for the trip.

4. The name, "Touch of Harmony," though completely devoid of meaning, struck some sort of New-Age hippie chord in me.

5. Despite not usually liking any fake-vanilla-scented bath products, this has a pleasantly mild vanilla essence to it that still manages to smell clean.

6. I wanted to try something new; I've been using St. Ives bodywash in a few different varieties for a couple months now, mostly because that's what they sell at my weird corner grocery store.

One thing that I noticed only after bringing it home was that the packaging boasts, "With a touch of Diamonds, made with real diamond powder." Or something very close to that. Real diamond powder?! There are children going hungry all over the world, yet the Nivea company is pulverizing precious gemstones so spoiled Americans like myself can bathe in them. Geez, I hope they weren't conflict diamonds.

As far as bodywashes go, I'd rate this one a 7 out of 10 - nice lather, good scent, moisturizing without being too heavy or oily. One might say all its attributes are in perfect harmony.

*NOTE: the above photo is actually of the "Touch of Happiness" scent in this same body wash line.

No comments:

Post a Comment